Two-Sentence Horror Story Winners

 Every year right before Halloween, the SAIL-ELA students write two-sentence horror stories for a schoolwide competition. Students and staff read the stories and vote for their favorites. 


This year the winners were...

6th grade winner: Riley Peters 
 I just had a terrible nightmare, and wake up to the absence of color that is a blind person’s life, when I hear my mother’s voice say “Don’t worry, it was just a dream.” My mom died 13 years ago today. 

7th grade winner: Max Moreno
My husband asked what kind of meat was in our soup. Funny that he didn't notice that our two kids weren't at dinner that night.

8th grade winner: Dexter Vance
The driver of my Uber was utterly silent, only talking at the beginning of the ride, saying that he was locking the doors from the outside “for your own safety.” I heard my phone ding and checked it; it was from Uber; the message said: “I’m out front.”


Overall winner: Dexter Vance!!
Wahoo!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gorham Middle School 7th grader: Maine Odyssey of the Mind Pin Winner!

SAIL-Math 2023 (Math Madness National Championship)